It’s the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup and Bootle take on Atherton Colleries. For some reason I find myself at the ‘Delta Taxis Stadium’ bright and early to begin what is going to be a tough challenge.
I have taken it upon myself to enter the magic of the FA cup at its earliest stage and follow through the winning teams from this game all the way to the final. My self set rules are as follows:
1. You must attend at the earliest stage of the competition.
2. Which ever team wins you will follow them on their FA cup run and get fully behind the team.
3. All games and replays along the cup run must be attended.
4. If at any time Blackpool FC are the winning team and they have a home draw then this project must be abandoned. #NAPM #OystonOut
5. Souvenirs, photos and blogs must be shared with the world.
And that’s it… Success will be judged on how much money I can raise for charity, how much fun I have along the way.
Anyway, back to today’s game….
The teams are lining up…
Game kicks off
As part of this blog I’m not going to post a personal detailed review the games. This is all about the journey and the people I meet and the experience. I’ll link to match reports where available.
The result was 0-2 to Atherton Collieries and an interview with The Cols manager Michael Clegg can be found here:
The Cols fans seem a lively bunch and I did manage to speak to a few. They are certainly dedicated to the cause. The highlight for me has the be after the 2nd goal was scored when we all knew it would be the Cols going to Brighouse….
I really didn’t know what to expect for my first round experience but I certainly hope I carry on enjoying it like I did this one.
A few more photos and videos below